We are excited to announce that in-person worship has resumed with the celebration of Holy Eucharist at 8:00am and 10:30am in the parish hall. As we gather together we will follow the guidelines from the Governor’s office and the Bishop’s office.
Here are some of the guidelines that we will be observing, and ask you to join us in following:
- For the safety of all, if you or anyone in your household, does not feel well, please stay home, even if you think it is just a cold or allergies. Coughing and sneezing can spread asymptomatic COVID-19.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times.
- We have a capacity of 27 people per service. Pre-registration will be required through Eventbrite. Links will be included in the weekly email update, and are included at the bottom of this page. If you do not get the weekly update please contact the parish office (401-949-2260) or email Fr. Dante at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that 7 seats will be reserved for those parishioners who do not have digital access. Those unable to register online should call the parish office to register.
- Observe social distancing (6 feet from all persons not in your immediate household).
- Arrive early for the service to allow time for sign in, screening, and seating. For the 8am service please arrive no earlier than 7:40am, and for the 10:30am service please arrive no earlier than 10:10am.
- Enter the parish hall through the front entrance only. Please follow all signs and directions from ushers and greeters.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the parish hall. Touch free hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit.
- After checking in, an usher will direct you to a pre-assigned seat.
- The service will last approximately 45 minutes.
- At the conclusion of the service, please wait for an usher to assist in exiting and take your bulletin with you.
- Guidelines from the Governor’s office and the Bishop’s office asks that we refrain from lingering and socializing with others before and after the service.
- Fr. Dante will not be able to “meet and greet,” and continues to be available via phone, email, or video call.
- Read and abide by the Diocesan “Covenant for Regathering” (Included below).
- Sign and return Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus: available in the Weekly Update, mailed upon request, and available here: StThomas_COVID_waiver
Please know that we will do our best to accommodate everyone. If it turns out that your preferred service time is fully booked, please consider attending the other service. We ask for your continued grace, generosity, and flexibility as we being this process. We are excited and cannot wait to see everyone. With that in mind, please remember that there will be NO HUGGING!!!!!!
We are also looking for volunteers to help us with these services. The Vestry and Reopening Task Force will take on the responsibilities for the first couple of services, but after that we will need others to help with ushering, greeting, and cleaning. We believe we will need 5 volunteers for the 8am service, and 3 volunteers for the 10:30am service. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Fr. Dante or give your name at the sign-in desk.
Thank you in advance for all of your help and support as we resume in-person worship. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Fr. Dante.
See you on April 18!
The Reopening Task Force
St. Thomas Vestry
The Rev’d Dante A. Tavolaro, Priest-in-Charge
Episcopal Diocese of Rhode Island Covenant for Regathering
I promise, to the best of my ability with God’s help, to abide by the guidelines of the Diocese of Rhode Island for participation in church as we regather during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In fulfillment of the Baptismal Covenant (BCP p. 304-305), I will strive to:
Love my neighbor as myself, I will . . .
- Wear a mask or scarf over my nose and mouth at all times in church buildings, except momentarily to receive the sacrament or lead worship by an assigned speaking part and follow public health guidelines for hand sanitizing and disinfecting.
- Only attend worship if I am non-symptomatic for the COVID-19 virus or any other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another person also attending.
- Abstain from attending if doing so would put me at greater risk due to my own health status.
Respect the dignity of every human being, I will . . .
- Make no physical contact with people beyond the members of my own household.
- Maintain a six foot or more distance from other members of the congregation.
- Respect any requests for distance, masking, cleaning, and disinfecting to ensure the safety and comfort level of others.
Seek and serve Christ in all people . . .
- Support the decisions of my diocesan and congregational leaders.
- Stay connected with others in my community by telephone, video chat, mail, or other means.
This is our expectation for all those who wish to worship with us in person. By participating in our worship, you assume responsibility for following the above.
In-person Worship Registration
To register for the 8am service on May 2 please click here
To register for the 10:30am service on May 2 please click here
To register for the 8am service on May 9 please click here
To register for the 10:30am service on May 9 please click here