St. Thomas Vestry
Serving on the Vestry includes the following responsibilities:
- To pray for our Church and its leaders.
- To regularly attend the worship services of the church.
- To observe the canons of the diocese and the national church.
- To support St. Thomas’ Church’s Clergy and staff.
- To provide leadership for the congregation.
- To attend monthly Vestry meetings.
- To set goals and implement priorities for the upcoming year and beyond.
- To be willing to serve on a committee.
- To formulate and manage the financial operations of St. Thomas’ Church.
- To oversee the physical plant and the grounds.
- To arrange for elections to the Vestry.
- To attend and support special events at St. Thomas’.
- To participate in and support diocesan programs and activities.
- To incorporate new members into church life and help to equip and motivate all members for their ministries.
- To attend a yearly Vestry Retreat.
- To make a financial pledge to the life of the Church.
AND – we have fun!!
If you are interested in serving, please contact any member of the vestry to learn more.